Hi! I'm Alex! I'm one half of the husband and wife team behind the cameras at Idalia Photography. We specialize in weddings (both of us) and newborns (just me!). I love to photograph tiny little newborns during their first few days of life so I'm excited that you found me!
Becoming a parent is truly the most important and rewarding job you will have and I would be honored to document this amazing time in your lives. I believe that getting to know our clients is the #1 way to ensure an amazing experience so I’d love to tell you a little about me, my philosophy, and my booking process.
• Here I am with my husband, Jay! We met thanks to two friends but the first three times we met, we ignored each other. Having completely disregarded each other, we had even forgotten that we had met before. Eventually, we agreed to a double date and it finally clicked between us!
• We’ve been married over five years and we live in Howell, NJ, but we love to travel.
• We have a beautiful little niece and an adorable little nephew and I was present at both their births. They were two of the most amazing experiences of my life!
• I started our business as a children and family photographer and Jay joined the business when we started shooting weddings. I began to photograph newborns in 2011 and began to specialize in newborn photography when our business took off in 2013.
• I was a teacher for 14 years before I made the leap into full-time photography.
• We believe whole-heartedly that classic never goes out of style and we're passionate about telling your story in a modern yet timeless way in order to create something that will last a lifetime.
You’re planning for a life event that you’ve likely been anticipating for a long time! My goal as a newborn photographer is to make this one aspect of welcoming your newborn simple. Photography is more than just images - it’s a real part of the arrival of your new little one. Not only do you deserve beautiful images, but you also deserve an amazing photographic experience. When our couples and babies feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, that results in memorable images!
When you think back to the arrival of your new baby, I want you to remember how little they once were. This time is priceless and your maternity and newborn images are a huge part of your experience as parents. My goal is not only to capture memories for my clients, but it’s also to help create an experience that will be enjoyable for you and for your baby and his/her older siblings, too!
One way I ensure that we are a good fit for our clients is by forming a relationship. I try my best to make sure that I'm a perfect fit for you before officially booking. The first thing I'd like to ask you to do is to grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy getting lost on this site so you can check out all of my work. Every photographer has their own style so I'd like you to be sure you like mine! I'd also love for you to browse through our blog. This will allow you to get a little insight into our work and our lives. And lastly, if you think I might be the photographer for you, I'd love to schedule a Discovery Call before booking so that I can get to know you a bit and answer all your questions.
"A new baby is like
the beginning of all things -
wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."
"A new baby is like
the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."